Your professional membership organisation - benefits:
- The Institute is a recognised college of University College Dublin (UCD) which is ranked within the top 1% of higher education institutions world-wide.
- The Institute provides university-level banking education programmes which enable our members to achieve and sustain their professional qualifications and continuing professional development - essential in meeting customer and regulatory expectations.
- Our Professional Education Framework is a professional pathway that provides a core set of qualifications and a new standard for everyone in the banking profession.
- We provide our members with the education and skills to meet the regulatory requirements of the Central Bank of Ireland e.g. Minimum Competency Code (MCC). We have more than 25,000 members registered for Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Our executive and specialist programmes are designed for directors, senior executives and high-potential managers within the financial services sector.
- The Institute is one of Ireland's largest providers of eLearning, you can study with us using your PC, laptop, tablet and smartphone.
- We are a member of the European Bank Training Network (EBTN), which brings together various banking institutes in Europe and promotes joint education, training and research.
- If you are studying for degree and postgraduate level programmes you have access to UCD on-line and campus libraries. This gives you access to an extensive library and provides access to current and back issues of leading banking, finance and business journals and magazines.
- You are part of professional community that has over 34,000 members.
- Founded in 1898, the Institute is Ireland’s largest professional institute. It is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the life-long education and professional development of our members.
- With more than 10,500 members currently studying with us, the Institute is a key source of expertise for banks and financial institutions in Ireland.
- The Institute hosts a variety of events, some of which are free, giving you the opportunity to network and create valuable relationships
- We now offer our members free access to an online career resource centre (through My Institute) where you can explore sections on career management, self-development, CVs, interviewing and applications. The centre offers resources such as training videos, templates and tutorials as well as interactive tools such as an interview simulator and personality assessments.
- We have also partnered with Career Decisions Ireland, one of Ireland's leading career and talent management companies, to offer a more personal approach to career management. In this arrangement you will benefit from individual career coaching sessions with a fully qualified coach. The programmes include personal profiling and career planning along with structured coaching sessions to help you create a professional development plan. A discount rate of up to 37.5% applies, depending on the programme chosen.
- You have access to a suite of CPD opportunities, both online and face to face. Our CPD programmes not only help you to meet your regulated CPD requirements under the Central Bank’s Minimum Competency Code, but also help you to develop as a financial services professional.
- Our online library (ProQuest Banking Information Source) includes all of the leading banking, finance and business journals and magazines, providing essential information about the financial services industry, banking and industry trends.
within the community.
- Regional Committees provide a local point of contact to the Institute and host events for members around the country.
- Our LinkedIn company page keeps you informed of initiatives, events and important information, so you never miss out on whats going on.
- The Institute’s journal, Banking Ireland, keeps you up to date with the latest industry trends, Institute news and member activity.
- You can avail of a discounted rate on membership fees to the UCD Sports and Fitness Centre.
The membership fee of €40 is applicable upon joining and the annual fee falls due on 01 January each subsequent year.
Re-activate your old membership
If you were a member in the past and your membership has lapsed please do not join again. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01 6116500 and we will re-activate your membership.